Saturday, October 28, 2006

Sincerity - Elections and Seth Godin

So I spent the last hour filling out my voting ballot for the election. Luckily there was only one race where I was UN-happy with both candidates and had to choose the lesser of two evils. Then I read Seth's blog about manipulators and I was reminded that there ARE people in the world who are out to do harm or manipulate the system, BUT I think in general the realtors that I know are just trying to do a good job and work hard for their clients.

When I read Freakonomics and the author spent a good part of the book comparing realtors to the KKK, I thought how far that was from what I see day to day in the office. I see agents agonizing over the fact that a client will lose their dream home - NOT pining over the lost commissions. I see agent who go ahead and price homes high and still market the heck out them in order to help a client who has gotten in a bad situation. AND I see agents working their tails off to sell houses in a market where a lot is stacked against us.

So today I have to apologize because there is not a lot of marketing in this post, but I just want to commend my collegues in the real estate community for going out there each day and working from a really sincere place to do the best for their clients. Keep up the good work!

Real Estat Marketing Pro

No comments: