Saturday, October 14, 2006

October - Holy Cow Is There A Lot To Do

I love October because it is the month of my birth and I make my family crazy by reminding them of that fact and making them celebrate over the course of 2-3 weeks! But I also noticed this year that there are A LOT of happenings that I could be involved with and I want to make sure I balance all of those things with the primary goal of selling houses (becasue as Arthur Motley so aptly stated Nothing happens until somebody sells something.)

One thing that goes on the caledar for sure is the Homebanc speaker. He is talking about busines planning and goal setting BUT that is not why I will attend. I will attend because I want to support my friends and associates Brian and Kelly (mortgage bankers). They support us by sponsoring events in our office, attending our brokers opens and working with us on various programs throughout the year. The least I can do is come to their speaker event.

I also may attend the Realtor.com seminar which features a former FBI profiler. I don't really need to know about Realtor.com BUT the information that he gives about how to profile your clients and the other realtor in the transaction is invaluable.

That having been said, there are numerous other events that I can attend during the working day that I will choose not to go to. I am focusing on time management and making sure that the things that will bring in business, make my clients happy, strengthen vendor relationships or increase the likelyhood that one of my listings will sell come first and everything else MUST be a distant second. I am not totally succeeding yet but I feel like I have a better chance of that happening if it is my first priority.

Does anyone else struggle with time manangement, and if so, do you have any nifty coping mechanisms? Real Estate Marketing Pro Blog

No comments: