Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Networking - Talking to Humans Face to Face

I am not a huge fan of networking. It is something that I am sometimes dragged kicking and screaming to do, but once I am there I usually have a great time!

Today I attended a Realtor.com event where my listing partner and I got to have a giggle over the FBI profiler, who told us all about our personality types and why we get along so well or get frustrated with each other sometimes. While there I handed out about 25 property cards to realtors from the tampa bay area AND met some nice agents who I might be able to recruit or use as referral partners in the future.

I then went to a brokers open house held by one of our office agents and then one held by an agent from another office. It was great to get to talk to the 8 or so agents I saw at them and in the process got to preview two great properties.

Yesterday I went to Rotary and got a lead on a listing and also talked to a banker about vender opportunities.

You other agents might say - that is a normal week for me. Well I tend to like to do the things that more solitary like designing marketing campaigns, working on adwords placements, doing website tweaks, or writing blogs! I guess today's post is to remind me as much as anybody that real estate IS a contact sport and sometimes you have to make contact.

Real Estate Marketing Pro

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having been in the real estate business several years ago, I read the "Networking-Talking to Humans Face to Face" posting with many ahas. Getting back out there and in essence, starting over has been a huge challenge for me. Everyone expects me to just pick up where I left off. I wish it was that easy! It's becoming very clear that I have to go back to the basics and prove myself once again. And one of those ways is networking. I, too, find it difficult to know which broker's open I should attend, which real estate based event to go to, and who should I be calling to generate those leads. But if I sit back and really reflect on how I did it before, the answers are all right there. I just have to want to do the steps and the business will follow. Sometimes we have to push ourselves into areas that aren't always where we want to be, but knowing they will produce positive returns makes it all worth the effort. I'm lucky to have a friend who helps to give that needed nudge.