Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Internet - Two For One On Google

So about a month ago I read an article on how to save money on Google Adwords, implemented the suggestions and totally broke my campaigns, going from a pretty good response to almost nothing overnight. If you are new to internet marketing I am sure this will sound strange to you, but if you have been doing it for a while I am sure you have done this before too.

Well last week I took a morning and fixed my AdWords campaigns and made some changes to my websites to try and get more leads, not just traffic. IT WORKED!

I have one site that gets A LOT of hits for very low click through costs on google (www.tampabayunder200k.com) but which is not a great lead generator for me. Knowing this I changed the format of the sidebar on the site to show pictures of my properties with compelling prices AND changed the link to my main site instead of linking to a subpage of the TBU200K site.

Traffic at TBU200K has increased (which is nice but not all that productive) BUT click-throughs to www.cometoclearwater.com and www.clearwater4salebyowner.com have ALSO INCREASED! Basically I am using my low click through cost on google to help drive additional traffic to my "real" websites - Two For One On Google!

No comments: