Thursday, October 26, 2006

Public Relations - Blatant Self Promotion

So today is all about me - I can hear the groans now. You guys don't want to hear all about me and my accomplishments. You don't want to know what I have been doing (writing articles, press releases and adding info to my websites) and which societies I have been joining (ILS - International Luxury Homes) , or which marketing campaigns I have launched. But you might want to know the hows and the whys of what I am doing it to keep my name and websites out there!

Today I am writing press releases about my blog. I will set that to release Saturday or Sunday as I do not consider that "news" and I do not think that any news outlet would like to pick it up. I DO however know that if I send out a press release and it is well written and thoughtful then realtors who are searching will be able to find out about my blog and then read it. I like that.

Today I am also writing a press release about becoming a founding member of the ILS. I DO think that that is news so I will submit it for release on Tuesday or Wednesday. Why Tuesday or Wednesday? Well Monday is when all the news junkies come back from the weekend and they will be innundated with things that are much more interesting than my press release. Tuesday or Wednesday I will be more interesting.

I am also adding the "Expert Article Writer" logo to my website with a link to my articles that have been published on www.ezines.com. I get some hits from my website through the links on the articles.

In addition I am going to add the ILS logo to my homepage with a link to my internal page that lists the properties I have available at that price range, a link to CastlesandEstates.com and I am uploading my listings there also.

What have you been doing that is noteworthy lately? Can you write a press release about joining a civic club, volunteering at a hosiptal, receiving an award, sponsoring a classroom, changing companies, launching a marketing campaign (I know news about news!) or ANYTHING else that is interesting or pertinent to promoting you. Do it today and tell me about it - I like that too!

No comments: