Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Direct Response Mag - Marketing Addict

My name is Tara and I am a marketing addict. I know this because I spent this morning reading Direct Response Magazine which is the only publication for infomercial producers. I got excited because Andrea Boticelli beat out Girls Gone Wild on general principles because I think that GGW is exploitative and classical music needs a win. But overall it was a magazine about a marketing medium that I have very little chance of using BUT I still liked it!!!!

I talked with one of our agents in the office who has a jones on for Investing. He REALLY likes it and all the opportunities it provides to make money, network, travel and just in general enrich his life and other people's lives. This bears watching to see how far and how fast he can go - I will update you when he has the kinks worked out.

And last but not least is my closing coordinator - this woman gets the chills when she consumates a closing for us and has all the I's dotted and the T's crossed. Her face lights up when all her files are in order and when she has had a really great weekend of organizing them.

What do you like to do? Helping people buy or sell houses is a little vague. Figure out what you like to do anyways and then incorporate it into your real estate business. If you golf become familiar with all the golfing communities (maybe you can get a free round out of it!), if you are into art develop a list of homes that have galleries or great natural lighting, or if you like helping people become an expert on 1031 exchanges and help them keep their money!

Just because you pick an expertise does not mean you can't sell to everyone BUT it can make your career more enjoyable to you!

Tara

Real Estate Marketing Pro

No comments: