Friday, November 17, 2006

Search Engines - Organic -vs- Paid

So I was preparing for my marketing class today and I noticed that www.cometoclearwater.com was listed on Yahoo at #6 for Clearwater Relocation. How did that happen you ask?

  1. I designed the site to attract out of town visitors - it is loaded with information about Clearwater and the surrounding communities
  2. There are links that say "Free Relocation Guide" on EVERY Page of the site. What is so unique about that? Most links say "click here".
  3. I have spent some money (not a lot) on AdWords to get some traffic to the site in the first place.
  4. My site description in the metatags is good and compels Yahoo search engine users to click through.
There are numerous other reasons that www.cometoclearwater.com has moved up the search engine from its lowly start at 200 millionth. I read all the current theories about how to fool the engines, how to upgrage your site and how pay per click is the future, but this was just plain old 1999 good content, good keywords and time!

No comments: