Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It works!

So I had a great real estate day yesterday! Took another listing, had a buyers appointment, had another couple ask to preview that house also AND had another out of town buyer pre-qualify with my preferred lender (Brian and Kelly at HomeBanc).

How do days like these come about you ask? Well, the first buyer came as referral from an agent in my office. He was out of town and knew that there was a good chance that either my listing partner or I would be in the office and working at real estate. I know that sounds strange, but many agents do not work at real estate as if it is a regular job with regular hours, or they do not come into the office where there is a chance for opportunity. Putting yourself in the money stream helps!

The second buyer came because I was there. Show up, run out when another agent wants to give you a referral, do open houses, attend brokers opens, go to training, just do it!

The listing came because of FSBOs. I like the FSBOs, they are a nice bunch of people who think that they can sell a house. I am having a hard time selling houses and I do a ton of marketing and work at it from 5:30 AM to 9:00 PM most days, so I am sure that they are somewhat frustrated trying to go it alone. It was definitely a drawn out process, I went and looked up when I first talked with my client, May 2nd - first contact, November 13 - listing. This is not a fast process and this lady has received a TON of dinky postcards and other materials from me over that time. When it came time to pick an agent who else was she going to call but me?

Oh - the last buyer came from personal contact - my Father In Law is one of his best friends. I know - talking with humans directly works too!

No comments: