Monday, November 20, 2006

Be Specific!

So this is an over-riding theme here - specificity! It makes marketing, decision making and almost everything else easier. One of my mentors told me to develop an elevator speech - a 30 second description of my business that could be told in the time it takes to ride in an elevator (this is also sometimes called a mission statement). The beauty of having an elevator speech is that you can judge all of your daily tasks against it to see if you are moving forward towards your goals or away from them.

It is very easy to get caught up in the day to day tasks, but if you string too many days together where you did not accomplish anything toward your main focus you can easily get off track.

My 30 second speech is that I bring a creative approach to real estate. This means that I am able to showcase your property in a way that other Realtors are unable to and provide your listing with increased exposure to the market. My tagline is a "New Market A New Approach".

Now it may seem silly to spend your time making taglines and mission statements - but if you don't, what are your main goals for today and what do you talk with your clients about being your strengths when working with them as buyers or sellers?

Tomorrow I will give more real world examples from the people that I know - if you are one of them and would like a 30 second assessment please let me know and I will use you as a test subject!

Real Estate Marketing Pro

No comments: