Monday, November 13, 2006

Newsletters and Lead Generation

Happy Monday! It is lead generation Monday (my favorite day of the week dont-cha know!)

Today I am working on a new project. I have partnered with Joyce and Diana at Somers title to target three neighborhoods with a quarterly neighborhood newsletter. For targets I selected 1.) my farm, 2.) a small subdivision that is close to my home and where I listed/sold a home earlier this year, and 3.) part of a neighborhood where I have 2 current listings. This totals about 300 homes and will provide a nice test market to see if the newsletter will help to generate some leads.

The thing to realize when doing a newsletter is that although you are fascinating to yourself, hardly anyone else wants to read about you! This means your newsletter better have a lot of interesting things that will make people want to read it and not just be a disguised advertisement for yourself.

I am including tips for how to get your home ready to sell, information on Homestead exemption deadlines and eligibility (this is a Florida based homeowner tax exemption for my out of town readers!), and neighborhood sales and currently listing info. I also have a one panel of the six panel flyer dedicated to Somers Title as they are helping to sponsor the newsletter.

Finally, one panel has two of my listings as featured properties. They are targeted to be either move up or move down for the neighborhood I am sending them into. For example - in the $300-$400k neighborhood I listed a $659K car lover's house and a $149K 1/1 Waterview Condo.

If you would like to see a copy of this quarter's newsletter, email me at taradactyl@gmail.com with your name and address and I will send it out right away.

Real Estate Marketing Pro

No comments: