Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Website - What are you missing?

So I was updating my site today to take off the Open House from DECEMBER 2ND - that is a MAJOR no no since it shows the users that come to the site that it is not current and that the webmaster (me) is not keeping up with the content.

One of my New Year's resolutions this year is to work on one of my sites (I currently have 3 and am working on a forth) each week for at least an hour. Some of you have asked me what kind of leads I get from my sites - over the Christmas holiday I got a buyer's lead from www.cometoclearwater.com (relocation guide request) and a FSBO lead (list my site on www.tampa4salebyowner.com) . These are very easy for me to fulfill and will hopefully help round out my 'haven't mets' leads goals for the coming year.

One thing that I noticed was that I did not have some pertinent content on my home page about second homes and vacation homes. I think that I am missing an opportunity by not having those links and generating more good search terms for the engines. I will be adding that kind of content soon as a FEATURE and see if they generate me some targeted leads.

Is anyone getting good consistent leads from their website? Don't forget to follow the path of least resistance - if you are getting a bunch of people that want to see cheap homes add affordable housing links and pages to your site. If you are getting first time home buyers add links to the area programs that offer those types of services and work with your banker to see if he has anything that can help like the loan advisor tool bar from HomeBanc.

No comments: