Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Marketing Response

I like to find out what is working for me so that I can do it some more - a revolutionary thought isn't it? BUT I also like to make sure that I am working as smart and as affordably as I can. With that in mind I have a couple of suggestions (sorry guys some of these are Keller Williams related but use your own company perks where appropriate).

I have a magic credit card! Because I do so much mailing I go through a lot of paper and mailing labels, Office Depot loves me! Anyways, Keller Williams allows you to register your credit card so that you get the highest discount possible when you check out. For example I saved over $5 on a box of 3000 labels last night - not bad.

I had a conversation with my business partner yesterday and she said "are you sending out Christmas cards?". I did not - I sent out postcards that I combined with other agents in the office to make them beautiful and cheap - then sent them out to be processed at my friend Tammy's mail marketing house - SO EASY! If you would like to find out more about our KW 12X12 program that "touches" your clients once a month shoot me an email and I will send you the flyer. Many other mail houses offer this service also (I just like my own designs better - this month we have a baby turtle!)

Newsletters on colored paper - two agents I know are working on these and have devoted between 2 and 4 hours to getting them set up in Publisher. Not a lot of time and from now on they can just drop their numbers in and send monthly updates to their targeted farm. A VERY good way to become the neighborhood authority - BUT don't count on an immediate response, pledge to do it for 6 months OR send it every other month for a year.

A formalized plan - my banker guy (Brian P from HomeBanc) is a very forward, out of the box thinker - for a banker...:) We sat down and figured out an 8 step program to target top notch realtors whose business he would like to have. So far he has had a good response - at least two real opportunities to talk with agents that were somewhat hesitant before AND it is supposedly the worst time of the year to make those contacts.

What ever you do - start today. Call more, send more notes, get on a postcard program, vow to visit 3 FSBOs every week, join another club, volunteer for a cause, do an open house (or three). There are a million reasons NOT to do anything (it might not work, it is the wrong time of the year, everyone does that, no one does that, it is too rainy today, it is a nice day no one will come) there is only one reason to do something - you have 100% more chance of being successful if you do ANYTHING than if you do nothing!

No comments: