Saturday, December 16, 2006

What you feed your brain

So I am going to wax eloquent for a bit about what I listen to/read, who I have been spending time with and what has happened to my real estate business.

First off I attended a business planning clinic. At the clinic (which I did NOT want to attend because that kind of specific planning hurts my head) I learned that the amount of leads that I need to be super successful next year is not that big. Try it yourself - you may be surprised to see what it will take to meet your goals. I have a worksheet that can help - email me at taradactyl@gmail.com and I will be happy to send it to you!

Then I started listening to a Brian Tracy Success Series Book on Tape. Holy cow. Then I was told at another meeting to read Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy and finally one last person told me that Brian Tracy was inspiring. Well the universe has told me that having him playing in my ear all the time will make me a better realtor and person!!! I was wondering the other day why I don't get too upset when a contract falls apart or I have to take a listing off the MLS. It is really hard to feel sorry for yourself when Brian Tracy is talking to you or when Seth Godin is telling you all the great things you can do to market yourself or when the Millionaire Monday realtors are telling you how to make your business better. Ask Santa for an iPod and load it with inspirational people.

Finally I spent a day "Shadowing a Superstar". We had the opportunity to listen to three of my favorite speakers (Gary & Nikki Ubaldini and John Dietz) and then go on a caravan. One of my houses was part of the caravan and I may be getting a price reduction from the comments that I got.

I will not tell you that my life has changed over the course of the last couple of weeks. I am generally a very optimistic person so that is in my favor to start. BUT I have negative self talk - I tell myself that buyers are scary, I tell myself that I did not get everything I wanted to do done so I am a giant loser and that I have to work harder. BUT I did realize that if I try hard with a plan I should do better than OK and definitely better than most of my competition out there.

No comments: