Saturday, January 20, 2007

Open Houses - Just Do It A LOT

So my listing partner and I spent all day working 3 different open houses. We got 1 showing on another listing, 2 interested in the houses we were at, a realtor who likes the house and 2 sign calls today. I also got TONS of postcards labeled and stamped thanks to my friend Billy C who sat with me at my second open house.

When you are sitting at a house and no one comes it seems like a waste of time, but the chances of you meeting someone who wants to buy or sell real estate are 100% better there than on your couch AND your sellers will remember that you have made the effort.

A couple of pointers:

1. Make sure you have ALL your other listings on the back of the flyers in case the house you are sitting at doesn't suit their needs.

2. Put magnets on your car so that the people know you sit at your own listings OR if you are doing an open house for another agent they will know it is YOU in there.

3. I am going to get directional arrows with my name on them as soon as I have a couple more closings - a great idea I have heard but not implemented YET.

4. You can do open houses ANYTIME - middle of the day, drive time (4-6pm) or on the weekends. I try to make sure I do at least 2 a week unless I am booked with client appointments.

If you don't have anything to do tomorrow get out there for a couple of hours and do an open house - what do you have to lose?

PS - Let me know if you have any successes...:)

No comments: