Sunday, January 07, 2007

Holy Cow!

Despite my best intentions, I have not posted every day this year - I do have a reason though! I have been on a death march of listing appointments...:) My listing partner and I have been on one a day for the last 3 days and there are two more in the next 3 days.

Where are all these appointments coming from?

When I started in real estate last year I was told that if I just continued to do all the activities suggested by my office classes and by emulating other mega agents there would be a snowball effect. If I would contact my sphere, do regular mailings, attend networking events, do open houses and contact FSBOs and Expireds then there would be business. I have the additional bonus of having a web marketing background and so I also put up 3 websites that attract 3 different types of users which also provides me with leads.

This years appointments are coming from a referral, a networking lead, an Expired postcard, a realtor referral, and a co-worker of my husband. Three look like they are turning into immediate business, two may take a little while to simmer, but all were impressed with our professionalism and our dedication to the industry.

If you are in a slow market it is easy to get discouraged by a lack of sales - believe me I KNOW! But if you are doing everything you can for your clients and working to increase your market share you should come out ahead after the dust settles!

No comments: