Wednesday, March 14, 2007

How do you know when it is working?

So I have been an official realtor for well over a year now and I started in what has been termed a "down market" - meaning that inventory was not flying off the shelf in days for thousands over the asking price! Before that I worked for a 20-year agent and learned A LOT that told me I would like the business BUT that it is hard work and there is famine before the feast.

Since then I have been doing the activities (Keller Williams speak for farming, working FSBOs and Expireds, doing LOTS of open houses, sending just listeds, etc.) and it seemed like I was having some success. Well this week was a very good week!! My listing partner and I had 3 closings and added over 2 million dollars in inventory. We are now making sure that we have the hard talks about pricing right up front so that we have the best possible chance of positioning the homes to sell quickly (which now means between 3-6 months). We also are working on making sure that we have more communication with our sellers and buyers so that they do not feel left out in the cold.

I met with one of my favorite Realtors this morning who started last September after a 4 year hiatus, and she said that she felt like it was sort of working and that she hoped it would break soon. I believe it will and that if she just keeps on doing what she is doing everything will work out just fine.

I would love to know how everyone else is doing out there - if you are having success with something please let us all know so that we can just keep getting better and better!

No comments: